As most of you know I'm basically totally an expert horticulturist. Which is why I was so excited by this plant outside of my office. It's called the Mimosa Pudica, but in Malaysia they call it the "Malu-malu" which means shy. I have no idea if Malu-malus are unique Asia or if they're actually everywhere and I just never noticed, but they're pretty awesome plants. Watch the video and check out what happens when something touches one of the leaves.
And for all of you who miss me, yes indeed that is my hand starring in the video. Also I'd like to thank the Mosque next door for providing the background music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SWEET.
Nice to see your enjoying the plant life!!
There IS more to life than city streets :)
adam!
I heart this blog; thanks for sharing all the words and pics.
my stepdad used to grow these plants! (not the same variety, but they reacted the same way). my sister and I spent many minutes "testing" the plants - petting them just like in your video. if you want to get your hands on these back in the states, I'm sure I could swing some for you. heh heh.
hope all is well across the globe!
-maris
Whoah, Maris. That totally sounds like a drug deal offer. Put me down for two kilos.
Post a Comment