Friday, August 1, 2008

M.D. Curry House.

If you visit Kuala Terengganu, the Lonely Planet guidebook suggests you eat at M.D. Curry House


And they are right. This was (that's right, "was," as in past tense, as in I have finished my job) a favorite lunch spot.

The first striking thing about M.D. Curry House is that the owner speaks impeccable English. After being used to broken English, hearing verbs conjugated correctly was quite a shock. On my last full day in Kuala Terengganu, I made it a point to eat at M.D. in order to get a photo of the owner, Chan.


But while it was refreshing to hear excellent English, M.D. Curry House became a favorite because the food was good and plentiful.


And extra bonus points for getting served on a banana leaf. Also, please notice those chips to the right or my rice. They are the greatest chips ever, so light and crispy and with a subtle Indian spice. I wish I knew what the spice was called, I will miss those chips.

And here is Aaron and myself with Chan. We were looking right into the sun, which is why my eyes are so squinty. Also, check out how tall we look. That was another cool thing; in Malaysia I'm tall, which is how it should be.

No comments: