A couple days ago in the newspaper though, we learned that the Chinese buy these goods and burn them, so that loved ones can use them in the after life. Considering America's duel obsessions of materialism and going to heaven by accepting Jesus as your personal savior, I'm shocked this idea hasn't caught on in the States.
Think about it. Don't you want your loved ones to have SUVs in heaven?

And if you really loved Grandma, you'd buy her that watch and necklace.

Let's not forget some sensible running shoes. Don't want to be spraining your ankle in heaven.

And heaven wouldn't be Heaven without the latest fashion.

Or home furnishings.

Also make sure they can keep in touch with their other deceased friends, even when they're on the go, with this 80's style Zach Morris cell phone.

Often times, people overlook the small things in Heaven. Like eating. The cafeteria never really recovered after Belial resigned as cook and sided with Lucifer in the uprising against God (look it up). So make sure they have some comfort food, like tea, sugar and biscuits.
3 comments:
wow...
just "wow"
Yo Adam,
I just found that store in NYC (it is also in that novel "lush life"). It is on orchard street near the little park in chinatown where men bring their songbirds in cages (I think nytimes wrote an article about it once).
Anyway abi and I bought a fake gameboy called the penesonic, paper cigarettes and some rolexes. If we burn all the stuff at the same time you do, our dead relatives can have a party.
p.s. nice blog.
-Dave Z
Woah. It's good to know I won't have to go without my paper goods back in NYC. Also, the DVD player in our house is a Pensonic, maybe they're made by the same people.
Post a Comment