Friday, April 25, 2008

Cats

I don't know if anyone keeps cats as indoor pets in Terengganu, but there sure are a ton of stray outdoor cats. Most with, depending on how you look at it, partially existing or missing tails.

For whatever reason, Terengganu cats are surprisingly photogenic. Many of these felines are in really bad shape, but ended up looking okay in their photo.


DEMON CAT. Seriously, something is wrong with this guy. He hangs out around our local restaurant, and looks like he has some awful flesh eating disease on his face. While flash photography is rarely flattering, he always looks this horrifying.





Look at this cat striking a pose. Work it!




One man's trash(lid) is another cats bed.




And here is the saddest cat I've ever seen in my life. He lives in the local fruit market. I first saw him when he was a tiny itty bitty shivering kitten, and the world had already beaten him down. Now he's a little bit bigger, but still run down.



3 comments:

emma goo said...

oh the saddest kitten kills me.

Anonymous said...

Strays always break my heart. This is just horrible.

Patach said...

Oh wow, that is sad. I've seen strays here in Chicago too (though not as prevalent), there's been one or two I've seen running around in Grant Park. Don't like people that much though.

Thanks for starting this blog, it's really cool to look at.