Most signs were in English, most people spoke English, and the majority of stores and restaurants were western.


Now I'm sure a lot of this had to do with where they put us up in the city. We were right by the Petronas Twin Towers and expensive tourist hotels. All the buildings were gaudy and brand new. I needed some short sleeve shirts, but the KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center) mall was full of designers name stores with outrageously high prices. I don't know who this giant mall is targetting. Sure there were people all around, but most seemed only interested in the air conditioning or having their photos taken with the Mercedes Benz on display by the entrance.Eventually I found a mall where people actually bought stuff. Here's a stitched view panoramic of the lower level.

And remember, I said near zero culture shock. There were still some surprises, like this item on a Chinese restaurant.
2 comments:
it is so weird to see the colonel's face in koala lampur
that is a mega 7-11. is it like super walmart where you can buy produce and tampons and firearms all at one place? that's some damn good one stop shopping.
Post a Comment